Redmi note 7 pro price in India: Redmi Note 7 Pro with 48-megapixel AI camera, Snapdragon 675 launched: Price is on par with rivals
After a month full of teasers, Xiaomi took the wraps off the Redmi Note 7 Pro at an event in New Delhi, which also marks the smartphone’s global launch. The Redmi Note 7 Pro, in fact, is Xiaomi’s first 48-megapixel camera phone in India while the same camera is available on the Redmi Note 7 in China. Xiaomi has essentially kept the interesting features reserved for the Redmi Note 7 Pro in the global market while Redmi Note 7 appears to have been trimmed down in the camera department. Xiaomi has also launched the Redmi Note 7 in India Today with 12-megapixel and 5-megapixel dual cameras.
Redmi Note 7 Pro Price in India: Note 7 announced in India
Redmi Note 7 Pro is priced strategically at Rs 13,999 for the 4GB RAM and 64GB storage variant and Rs 16,999 for the 6GB RAM and 128GB storage model. The pricing is on par with the prequel Redmi Note 6 Pro, as well as the new contenders from Samsung and Realme. The color options include Nebula Red and Neptune Blue. The smartphone will be available via Flipkart, Mi.com, Mi Home stores, and other partner offline retailers. The sale starts at 12pm on March 13, Xiaomi said at the event.
The Redmi Note 7 Pro buyers who also own an Airtel connection will get freebies including up to 1,120GB of 4G data, unlimited calling bundled with the recharge pack, and free access to Airtel’s IPTV.
It was initially speculated that Xiaomi will only be coming up with the Redmi Note 7 in India while the launch of Redmi Note 7 Pro will be held in China first. However, Xiaomi chose India as the first country where Redmi Note 7 Pro will be available besides the Redmi Note 7, which is already selling in China. Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun had been teasing the features of Redmi Note 7 Pro on Weibo, which could mean a launch in China to follow.
MI Note 7 Pro Specification
The Redmi Note 7 Pro is also the second device after Xiaomi spun off its Redmi brand as a sub-brand. It comes with a 6.3-inch full-HD+ (2340×1080 pixel) LCD display with a ‘Dot Notch’, a new yet better name for the ‘waterdrop’-style notch. Xiaomi is seemingly inspired by Samsung that has also named the various forms of cutouts on display (Infinity-U, Infinity-V, and Infinity-O). The display has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and is protected by a 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Xiaomi has always talked about the processor it uses on its budget and mid-range smartphones and it is an integral part of its marketing strategy. The Redmi Note 7 Pro has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor which is built on the 11-nanometer FinFET technology. The smartphone has two RAM and storage variants that we mentioned earlier. The storage on the smartphone can be expanded via microSD card up to 256GB. The design of the Redmi Note 7 Pro is similar to that of the Redmi Note 7 – the ‘Aura Design’ that is iridescent. For cameras, Xiaomi has joined the club of 48-megapixel sensors by introducing its first on the Redmi Note 7 Pro. There are dual cameras on the Redmi Note 7 Pro – a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor and a 5-megapixel secondary camera – powered by AI. Xiaomi says Redmi Note 7 Pro uses signal processing technique with the help of Spectra 250L ISP. For selfies, the Redmi Note 7 Pro packs a 13-megapixel AI camera that can click portraits with just one camera, Xiaomi claims.
Fingerprint sensor and buttons
The Redmi Note 7 Pro supports dual SIM card in a hybrid setup – one Nano-SIM card and one microSD card or two Nano-SIM cards. The smartphone comes running Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box with the MIUI 10 skin. There is a fingerprint sensor and AI Face Unlock on the Redmi Note 7 as biometric options. The smartphone has a 4000mAh battery under the hood that supports Quick Charge 4.0. The Redmi Note 7 Pro measures 159.2×75.2×8.1mm.
Redmi Note 7 Pro Specifications :
- 4000mAh refers to the typical capacity value of the Redmi Note 7 Pro’s battery.
- Packaging includes a 5V/2A charger; the phone supports Qualcomm®️ Quick Charge™️ 4. For optimal charging efficiency, the Qualcomm®️ Quick Charge™️.
- 4charger can be purchased separately.
- 48 MP option in photo mode is available in the MP devices. Hence, it is available out of the box.
- 1.6μm large pixels (4-in-1 Super Pixel) indicates that the camera’s sensor hardware can combine 4 pixels into a single 1.6μm large pixel.
- Night mode is available in the MP devices. Hence, it is available out of the box.
- The camera’s ability to recognize 33 scenes is based on the subjective perception of the AI.
- Any comparisons made on this page to typical phones are in reference to typical Xiaomi phones. Unless otherwise indicated on the Redmi Note 7 Pro product page, all data on this page are obtained from Xiaomi laboratories, product design specifications, and supplier data. The testing data may vary slightly between different test versions and testing environments. All figures shown on the product page are for reference only and may not reflect the actual product.
- 48MP dual camera indicates that the sensor in the camera’s primary lens is capable of producing images with a total of 48 megapixels. The camera is capable of taking both 48MP and 12MP photos. Some previews may only be able to display photos in 12MP. Pro mode is immediately capable of supporting 48MP, while support for Photo mode will be made available later via OTA update. 1.6μm large pixels (4-in-1 Super Pixel) indicates that the camera’s sensor hardware can combine 4 pixels into a single 1.6μm large pixel.
- Antutu scores come from Xiaomi laboratory Antutu 7.2.2 testing of Redmi Note 7 Pro in comparison to phones using the standard Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 675 processor.
- 4000mAh refers to the typical capacity value of the Redmi Note 7 Pro’s battery. The phone’s packaging includes a 5V/2A charger; the phone supports Qualcomm®️ Quick Charge™️ 4 protocols. For optimal charging efficiency, a Qualcomm®️ Quick Charge™️ 4 charger can be purchased separately.
- Battery standby time is tested by measuring the amount of time elapses for the smartphone to reach 0% power from 100% under one test scenario. Test conditions: All notifications are swiped away, no apps are left running in the background and no functions unrelated to the testing are opened or enabled. Test results are based on Xiaomi lab results. Actual results may vary based on environmental changes.
- Comparisons to other popular smartphone brands refer to select smartphones on the market that are of particular repute and hold a significant share of market sales and does not indicate comparison to all smartphones on the market.
- The smartphone’s Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 fares 4 times better in comparison to Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3. “Four times stronger drop resistance” refers to tests performed in comparison to Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3, for more details please check out the following website: https://www.corning.com/gorillaglass/in/en/glass-types/gorilla-glass-5.html
- Protection from dust and dirt refers to protection from everyday particles and splashes. The smartphone is protected from small splashes and typical dirt and dust but is not designed to withstand immersion or to operate in environments with severe dust, sand, or other particles. Redmi Note 7 Pro has not undergone waterproof testing or dustproof testing and its warranty does not cover damage resulting from dust, immersion in water, or dropping. Please do not immerse the smartphone in any liquid or bring it into an environment with severe dust or sand. Moreover, everyday dust and moisture can wear down protection over time. Please do not charge your smartphone in a moist environment.
- Only digital USB-C headphones are supported. Imitation USB-C headphones are not supported.
- All comparisons made on this page to typical smartphones or Flagship smartphones refer to Xiaomi smartphones; all information on this page regarding the device’s configuration or motherboard and related images are based on the initial edition, actual features and data may vary by model. See the specs page for more information; Unless otherwise indicated on this page, all data were obtained from Xiaomi labs, product design specifications, and supplier data. All testing data on this page may vary according to environmental conditions and device edition. All figures shown on the product page are for reference only and may not reflect the actual product.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: